Elegant Themes, one of the best Premium themes shop which provides high quality themes and offers best value to its customers. Elegant Themes has established itself as one of the best WordPress theme shops in the world.
At $39 / year, they sell a great collection of premium themes for different niche with great quality & fresh designs. There is no other theme club (as far as I know) that offers 75+ Premium WordPress themes at just $39.
Just a few weeks ago, Nick Roach (the owner of elegant theme club) released a few premium plugins (for developers membership) that works with any theme (not just with Elegant Themes).
Previously, the only difference with Personal ($39) & developer ($89) membership was the layered Photoshop files and $50 price difference. It seems Elegant team is working hard to improve the developer membership of Elegant Themes. Now, the Elegant Developer membership includes some fantastic WordPress plugins.
They have released 4 fantastic plugins so far:
All the 4 are well coded and useful WordPress plugins for bloggers and business owners and today I’m going to review the builder plugin that they have released a few weeks ago.
Drag and Drop Builder Plugin
The Drag and drop builder plugin was previously part of their Convertible Theme, which was designed to create great looking landing pages. Now they have designed the plugin separately and it works with any theme. I’ve tested it on thesis theme framework and it works really well.
You can use this to create a great looking landing page without installing any extra plugins or themes. I haven’t had the chance to test this plugin on the live blog, but I spent a fair amount of time playing with the builder plugin on the demo site.
The builder plugin add a drag and drop area at the bottom of your posts and page in edit screen. The Drag and drop tool is very handy and works very smoothly. The plugin comes with a lot of great features and 15 modules to use in your layout.
The page has three sections
- Add a Module
- Add a Column
- Sample Layout
Add a Module:
To Insert a module, simply drag and drop the module into the canvas area. It currently has 17 modules and each module comes with its own settings and can be moved around very easily.
You probably have used most of these modules in the form of plugins. For Example – the pricing table module, which adds a neat pricing table and give you full control.
- Logo – To add the logo, simply upload the image. It only allows you to add logo image, there is no option to add the text.
- Paper Callouts – It give you a fun way to add text content to your page.
- Video – Easily embed the videos with the Video Module.
- Testimonials – This module allows you to add stylish testimonial box.
- Slogan – A simply module to add slogan or blockquote anywhere to your page.
- Image Slider – Add a beautiful image slider into your blog posts.
- Button – Add stylish looking buttons
- Horizontal Bar – Easily add a horizontal bar anywhere you want.
- List – The builder comes with three different list styles, including X’s, checkmarks and arrows.
- Toogle – Reduce clutter by placing content within open or closed toggle boxes.
- Tabs – Make your content more easily accessible by ordering it within custom tabs
- Simple Slider – Adds a beautiful slider and give you control to select animations, images, and other stuff.
- Pricing Table – This module adds a stylish pricing table.
- Box – Bring attention to certain pieces of information using our varying colored content boxes.
- Text block – This module lets you add text in plain area without any additional styles.
- Image Slider – Create jQuery powered image sliders and upload images easily using the integrated WordPress media uploader.
- Widgets Area – The Builder Plugin comes with Widgets module which lets you add the five Widget area and are maintained in in Widgets page (Appearance > Widgets).
- Images – Add media to your page and display it within lightbox popups.
Each module allows you to add additional css (or styles).
Add a Column
You can create more advanced layouts by adding columns to the canvas area. There are different sizes of columns available for you to add.
The sample layout option allows you to showcase all the features and capabilities of the builder plugin. This is another useful feature of this plugin but currently the sample layout is very buggy. To see how it works, simply add the sample layout module to a new post or page.
The plugin is still new and need a lot of improvements. I know Elegant Themes gonna fix all these bugs real soon.
Builder Plugin Features
- Works with any theme – I’ve tested the plugin with a few themes and it works really well. The plugin doesn’t make any changes to the theme files.
- Tabbed Content – Make your content more easily accessible by ordering it within custom tabs.
- 17 Useful Modules – ElegantBuilder come with some of great elements that you can add to your posts and pages.
- Drag & Drop – With the Elegant Themes Builder, you can create beautiful layouts through our advanced visual editor without touching a line of CSS.
Over To You
The Drag and Drop Builder is a fantastic tool to improve the way your content is displayed on your WordPress website. The plugin has a lot of fantastic features and is borrowed from their Convertible landing page theme. The good thing about this plugin is, it works with just any theme. All you have to do is to install the builder plugin and create beautiful looking landing pages with just few clicks. The tool is very handy, as it doesn’t require any knowledge of css or html.
This plugin comes with the Elegant Themes developers membership for $89 per year (plus 3 other premium plugins & 75+ premium themes).