Are you ready to take your WordPress images up a notch?
Today’s market has many image compression solutions to choose from that offer lot of features like automatic and bulk optimization, lossless compression techniques, and JPEG/PNG/GIF file format compatibility. But the problem is, many of these options offer only one compression technique, do not support animated GIF files, are limited to one website, have file size limits, and even require an account to use their plugin (that offers nothing more to you but gives them your email address) even when it is free!
However, I am here to share with you an awesome image optimization plugin called ShortPixel Image Optimizer that brings you all the benefits of a superior image optimizer (and more) without all the downsides mentioned above.
What is ShortPixel Image Optimizer?
ShortPixel Image Optimizer is a premium WordPress plugin (with a free option!) that can reduce the file sizes of your WordPress images up to 90% without sacrificing the quality of your images.
By reducing your image sizes, this plugin improves your website’s performance by creating faster page loading speeds, better user experiences, decreased bandwidth use, and improved Google search results.
ShortPixel offers website owners a whole host of features that many other image optimization plugins offer, but in an improved way. In fact, it offers even more features than the average image optimizer plugin.
Don’t believe me? Let me explain:
Support of Multiple File Formats
ShortPixel takes care of the basics: JPEGs and PNGs. But did you know it can also optimize your GIF files including the animated ones? It also takes care of optimizing any PDF documents you may want to upload to your website and share with your readers.
Preferred Compression Techniques
Many optimization plugins offer you only one option when it comes to compressing your images. Although lossy compression is the recommended technique, your image will not be one hundred percent identical to its original when compressed this way.
Unlike many other optimization solutions, ShortPixel provides you the option to change your compression technique from lossy to lossless so that the only thing that changes is your image’s file size. You even have the ability to compare each technique and pick the one you prefer.
One great feature that ShortPixel has is its compatibility with other popular web services and WordPress plugins. Do you use a major managed hosting service such as WP Engine? No problem, ShortPixel works well with them. Have an online shop that is built on the awesome WooCommerce plugin? Optimize your shop’s product images without a hitch.
Easy to Use
There are several features that ShortPixel has that makes configuring and using the plugin easy as can be. Let’s take a look at what I mean:
- One-Click Settings. Simply click a box for things such as compressing image thumbnails, keeping a backup of original images, removing EXIF tags, and restoring original images.
- Automated Compression. Automatically compress all images uploaded to your WordPress website and even those already in your Media Library with Bulk Processing.
- Track Usage. Access a complete breakdown of your statistics after every bulk optimization and as a running total. Track information such as your average compression percentage, disk space and bandwidth saved, images processed for the month, image credits left, and images available for compression according to your plan.
In order to use the ShortPixel Image Optimizer plugin on your WordPress website you must sign up for a free account with ShortPixel.
Although sometimes looked down upon, ShortPixel makes signing up for their free account worth it. While some companies simply take your email information and use it build their email list, ShortPixel provides information that is helpful to website owners.
- Track your last 40 days’ worth of optimization statistics.
- Access your API Key.
- Email a friend and recommend ShortPixel.
- Signup for the their affiliate program.
- Check out plan pricing and easily upgrade.
How Much Does ShortPixel Cost?
ShortPixel offers multiple pricing plans to for your image optimization needs. They offer both monthly and one-time plans depending on how many images you need compressed and whether you will need ongoing optimization.
Aside from the Free Plan option that offers only regular support as opposed to priority support, each monthly ShortPixel plan offers these features for website owners:
- 24/7 support.
- No file size limit.
- One API Key for multiple site use.
- Lossless and lossy compression techniques.
- Batch automation.
- WordPress plugin.
Here is a breakdown of the four monthly plans available to choose from:
- Free Plan. 100 images per month free of charge.
- Short Plan. 5,000 images per month at $4.99/month.
- Large Plan. 12,000 images per month at $9.99/month.
- XXL Plan. 55,000 images per month at $29.99/month.
One-Time Payment Plans
For those who need to optimize a large amount of images but do not feel the need to invest in a monthly plan, ShortPixel offers one-time payment plans:
- One-Time 10K. 10,000 images for $9.99.
- One-Time 30K. 30,000 images for $19.99.
- One-Time 50K. 50,000 images for $29.99.
This option is especially great because in addition to the features provided in the monthly plans, one-time payment plan credits never expire.
What Do You Think?
So, after learning all about ShortPixel Image Optimizer aren’t you curious to see how it might work for you and your website needs?
As a plugin that offers all the features other plugins do, features that many plugins do not offer, and all in a way that is affordable to website owners of varying website sizes, ShortPixel really takes the cake.
If you are looking to optimize your website’s images, boost incoming traffic, lower bounce rates, provide an exceptional user experience, and save on your overhead cost, try ShortPixel Image Optimizer today.
Better yet, as one of our favorite WPKube visitors you can even get 50% more image credits if you purchase using our exclusive link to ShortPixel.