Are you ready to take your affiliate marketing up a notch?
In today’s online landscape, there are more ways than ever to make money from your blog. But what should you focus on? Affiliate marketing is one tried and true method of generating a great income while staying focused on your content.
Earning money via an affiliate program can be as simple as linking up that Amazon product you mentioned in your latest blog post. Or listing the tools you use on a recommended tools page on your site.
Once you’ve been in affiliate marketing for a little while, you’ll know how painful it can be when a program changes its link code on you.
When this happens, it can invalidate thousands of links across your blog and potentially lose you money while you spend hours trying to go back and change all those links.
That’s where ThirstyAffiliates comes in. It’s the tool that smart WordPress site owners use to manage their affiliate links.
Here’s how it works:
You take the long, ugly link code your affiliate program gives you and plug it into ThirstyAffiliates. ThirstyAffiliates turns it into a pretty, local redirect link that you can use in your blog posts and throughout your site.
If your affiliate program changes the link code, it’s no problem. You just update your new link code in ThirstyAffiliates and it automatically updates all the links throughout your site.
So, the next time the new affiliate program manager decides to change up the link code on their program, you’re only a few seconds away from making all your links instantly compatible.
ThirstyAffiliates truly unlocks a world of convenience and flexibility for serious affiliate marketers.
ThirstyAffiliates Core Features
- Inbuilt affiliate link shortening/link cloaking (yourwebsite.com/recommends/your-affiliate-link)
- Commission protecting affiliate link 301 redirection
- Customizable link URL prefixes – loads to choose from or use your own custom prefix
- Hierarchical link categorization to easily segment links
- Handy affiliate link picker tool (with full instant search capabilities) makes it easy to insert affiliate links in posts, pages and comments!
- Handy quick add tool lets you easily create new affiliate links without even leaving the post edit screen
- Show category slugs in link URLs
- DoFollow/NoFollow options (global or per link)
- Open in new window options (global or per link)
- Multiple redirect types (301, 302 or 307 temporary)
- Full importing and exporting support via standard WordPress tools
- Full backup compatibility via standard WordPress backup solutions
- Uses WordPress approved storage techniques – doesn’t bloat your database with extra tables!
- Using the link picker insert affiliate links as standard links, shortcodes (great for adding classes for link styling), or pre-linked images.
- Add your graphics, banners and other images to affiliate links for easy insertion
The core plugin of ThirstyAffiliates is free and available from WordPress.org here.
What Are Some Of The Extra Add-ons For ThirstyAffiliates?
There’s a number of add-ons you can get for the core ThirstyAffiliates plugin which extends the functionality of the free plugin. Here’s a couple you should consider:
Autolinker lets you select keywords that will automatically turn into affiliate links throughout your blog. This takes the hard work out of linking to products and services that you earn a commission on and instantly monetizes old blog posts.
Gives you simple to read statistics graphs and figures on the clicks to your affiliate links in ThirstyAffiliates. Very handy when it comes to comparing and optimizing your offers.
Search for products and import them directly from any of Amazon’s stores internationally. Supports all major locales and associate programs and will save you loads of time trawling Amazon.
Target customers by their location and redirects them to alternate destinations based on their country of origin. For example, you can redirect customers to the online store that serves their location. Works hand in hand with AZON.
Automatically detects clicks on any ThirstyAffiliates affiliate link on your website (whether in content or sidebar or anywhere) and pushes a click event to Google Analytics for more advanced reporting analysis.
6. CSV Importer
Import and export your affiliate links to and from your site with ease. This is a great tool for scaling up multiple websites with similar links or you can even use it to manage your links externally from WordPress.
These add-ons are available separately for $29-49 each or purchase them together in a bundle for a greater saving. Choose the Blogger Pack to activate Autolinker and Stats for $79. If you want to add Azon and Geolocations, you’ll need to grab the Green Ninja Bundle for $149. And if you just want “The Lot”, it’s $199 for all the add-ons.
Finally, as one of our favorite WPKube readers you can also get an additional 15% off any individual add-on or add-on bundle if you purchase using our exclusive link and using the coupon code WPKUBE during checkout.