Welcome to another edition of the WordPress Weekly roundup, here’s your favorite resource to catch up on your reading. There have been some great news and updates from the world of WordPress this week.
This post is part of a weekly series, Weekly Roundup. Feel free to read and enjoy some of these great posts I have found this week.
There have been some great tutorials and news from the WordPress community.
Here are some of the best articles I have read, shared, commented and retweeted on @wpkube.
First of all, we have some interesting blog posts & news:
- Tom Ewer published an detailed blog post on how to speed up your WordPress blog and shared some great set of plugins.
- Not many people like connecting their self hosted blog with WordPress.com and there is a great plugin available for that. WPBeginner has a great post about that plugin.
- Brain Gardner, released his awesome custom made theme “Avalanche” Genesis child theme on Github for free.
- James Dunn shared a great plugin that you could use to create one page on your website with all your social media streams.
- Genesis is getting better and better everyday, so does the developers. Just a few days ago, designmodo released AyoShop – Responsive eCommerce Free Child Theme for Genesis.
- Remi Corson wrote about how coding should be fun for designers and developers.
- Sufyan bin Uzayr reviewed the WP Recycle at Noupe.
- A new site WordPress Managed Hosting site launched a few months ago called BlogDroid.
Next up are tutorials, to increase the depth of your WordPress knowledge:
- Jeff Starr has a tutorial on how to display blog posts on any page.
- Bavotasan published a tutorial showing Working with Custom Admin Pointers in WordPress.
- WPSmith has a great tutorial on How to Add a Genesis Top Navigation System.
- Paul at Paulund put together a post explaining Set “Remember Me” To Be Always Checked.
If you run across something link worthy, please do let us know about it.