It’s the weekend, so of course it’s time to review what has been link worthy within the WordPress community this week. This post is part of a weekly series, Weekly Roundup. Feel free to read and enjoy some of these great posts I have found this week.
There have been some great tutorials and news from the WordPress community.
Here are some of the best articles I have read, shared, commented and retweeted on @wpkube.
WordPress News & Blog Posts
- Jupiter talks about the proper way and the easy way to add the H1 and H2 HTML tags to your blog post to make it easier to improve the Search Engine Rankings
- Aurélien shows some of the more advanced ways to customize WordPress, and share some super-easy customization techniques for the WordPress Admin area.
- WPEngine has posted an interview with Shawn Hesketh, the founder of WP101.com, one of the most popular WordPress video tutorial sites.
- Mark Jaquith writes How I built “Have Baby. Need Stuff!” — a nice overview of the latest and greatest in modern WP development.
- Plugin Directory Refreshed – Matt, Nacin, Otto and Scott made some key improvements in just a few days while hanging out in Memphis.
- William Ellington shares 5 simple yet effective tips on choosing the right premium theme for your WordPress blog.
- Ben posted an review about WP APP Store, a WordPress theme and plugin marketplace built-into the WordPress dashboard.
- Mohd wrote an awesome tutorial at WP.TutsPlus on how to create a syndicator, or ping site, using WordPress functionality.
- Noumaan Yaqoo put up a great tutorial on WP Lift blog showing how to properly add and remove items from the navigational menus, customize items, add external items, create drop down menus and so on.
- Ian Stewart at themeshaper put together a heck of a tutorial Introducing The _s Theme – A 1000-Hour Head Start.
- WPBeginner shares the best practice – to check if Function Exists When Adding in WordPress Theme
If you run across something link worthy, don’t hesitate to let us know about it.