WordPress 3.4 has been a very smooth release, and copies are flying off the shelf — 3 million downloads in two weeks, said Andrew.
Here’s the list of few main issues that has been addressed in the latest release.
- Fixes an issue where a theme’s page templates were sometimes not detected.
- Addresses problems with some category permalink structures.
- Adds early support for uploading images on iOS 6 devices.
- Allows for a technique commonly used by plugins to detect a network-wide activation.
- Better compatibility with servers running certain versions of PHP (5.2.4, 5.4) or with uncommon setups (safe mode, open_basedir), which had caused warnings or in some cases prevented emails from being sent.
For more information on updates & security fixes, read the announcement post on the WordPress News blog.
Have you upgraded your site? Are you facing any issues? Please let us know in the comments below.