Yesterday, Nacin announced the release of WordPress 3.4.1. This release is a maintenance/security fix that will clear up a handful of small bugs addressed in 3.4.
WordPress 3.4 has been a very smooth release, and copies are flying off the shelf — 3 million downloads in two weeks, said Andrew.
Here’s the list of few main issues that has been addressed in the latest release.
- Fixes an issue where a theme’s page templates were sometimes not detected.
- Addresses problems with some category permalink structures.
- Adds early support for uploading images on iOS 6 devices.
- Allows for a technique commonly used by plugins to detect a network-wide activation.
- Better compatibility with servers running certain versions of PHP (5.2.4, 5.4) or with uncommon setups (safe mode, open_basedir), which had caused warnings or in some cases prevented emails from being sent.
For more information on updates & security fixes, read the announcement post on the WordPress News blog.
Have you upgraded your site? Are you facing any issues? Please let us know in the comments below.WordPress 3.4.1 is now available for download by Devesh