This is the first of a new series of “Friday Tip” to wpkube. This week we”ll be talking about – Hosting a WordPress Blog for Development.
If you’re running a WordPress blog or site, then you should always keep a test blog/site for it. This will help you to test the changes/updates/modify the theme without effecting your main blog.
How to set a WordPress Development Blog
Here’s a quick rundown of how to set up your own WordPress development blog:
- Add a new subdomain (http://testblog.wpkube.com) to your hosting account.
- Use Fantastioc click for installation.
- Upload the contents of the WordPress install folder as you would for any other WordPress install.
- When customizing your install – name it “test blog” or “your blog name test”.
- Next, be sure to uncheck the box that says you want this blog to be crawled by engines (from Dashboard > Settings > Privacy Settings). You do not want that.
- Enjoy your up to date testing ground for WordPress themes.