If you’re like most bloggers then the number one problem you face is driving traffic to your site.
We all want eyeballs on our content. Social media followers, blog traffic, and a big list of email subscribers are the holy trinity of engagement that all bloggers strive for.
Chances are you’re familiar with the standard techniques used to gain followers, grow traffic and increase your email subscriber list. Here are a few of the proven techniques:
- Spend dozens of hours each week on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook in order to gain social media followers.
- Write guest posts, and invest time and money into SEO to generate traffic.
- Create a compelling product, and give it away as an incentive to encourage readers to opt in to your mailing list.
What is the one thing that all these techniques have in common? They all take A LOT of time.
What if you could achieve all three of these key engagement goals with a single WordPress Plugin – while spending no more than 20 minutes setting it up?
Introducing Contest Domination
Contest Domination is a new plugin from Travis Ketchum that makes it easy for anyone to create and run contests on their own site. What’s more, Contest Domination has powerful engagement tools built right in that help you increase your social media following as well as your email subscriber list.
Most bloggers don’t give contests much thought because they have no idea how to create and run contests. That all changed with the introduction of Contest Domination.
Contest Domination makes it easy to set up a new contest. In fact, you’ll likely be up and running in about 15 minutes.
Creating a Contest
The first step is to customize the general settings. During this stage you link Contest Domination to your social media accounts, link up your email marketing software, and set some global contest parameters.
After you set up the general settings you are ready to create a new contest. This process feels just like creating a new post. Start with a title and some copy for your contest. Next, set the contest parameters. These include the start and stop times, number of entries per referral, number of winners, and more.
As you can see, creating a contest is pretty simple. Creating the contest is just the beginning though. The real magic happens after you create your contest.
Maximize the Impact of Your Contest (on autopilot)
Once your contest has started you start to reap the real benefits of Contest Domination:
- Contest applicants are encouraged to share the contest with friends on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, in order to gain additional entries and increase their chances of winning. This means HUGE traffic spikes if shared by the right social media influencers.
- Grow your Twitter following, as applicants are encouraged to follow you on Twitter so they can find out who wins the contest.
- Contest Domination integrates with AWeber and Mailchimp, meaning that every person who enters your contest is automatically added to your mailing list!
While the benefits listed above are absolutely achievable with this plugin, it’s important to keep in mind that you will need to provide that initial push of traffic to ensure that your contest gets some visibility.
There aren’t any magic bullets when it comes to driving targeted and qualified traffic to your site, but incorporating a tool like this is a great compliment to the time intensive content creation tasks that we all work so hard on.
Win a Copy of Contest Domination
Want to get your hands on a free copy of this powerful plugin? Luckily you can enter to win a copy of Contest Domination.
The winner will receive a free copy of the Contest Domination plugin. This contest, which is being run by WPsprout, is run using…you guessed it…Contest Domination.