Slider plugins are a fantastic way to showcase the best blog posts you want to draw people’s attention to. Having a WordPress slider implemented onto the top of your homepage not looks good, but can also have a positive impact on the conversation rates.
These days most of the Premium themes comes have with a content slider included in it, but if your theme doesn’t have one built-in or you would just like to add something a bit more exciting then take a look at these amazing collection of premium slider plugins.
1. SoliloquyWP – Content Slider Plugin
Soliloquy is a powerful WordPress image slider plugin that makes creating and maintaining responsive, efficient, secure and SEO friendly sliders a breeze. It wouldn’t nice, if I said Soliloquy is not the best content slider plugin for WordPress.
- Speed – This plugin only loads those files which it needs.
- Interface – It has a smooth drag and drop options panel.
- SEO – The plugin is fully optimized for Search Engines.
- The plugin is built on top of the responsive jQuery script FlexSlide
- $20 for Single support license
- $100 for Developer support license
SlideDeck is more then just a slider plugin. The plugin gives your content a beautifully crafted presence. With 7 lenses (and more on the way), SlideDeck 2 gives you tremendous flexibility and power to make your content look amazing.
- Millions of configurations for any style you want
- Manage all of your SlideDecks at-a-glance
- Easy to configure
- Excellent Support
- $49 personal license for one sites
- $119 professional license for 3 sites
- $199 developer license for unlimited sites
uBillboard is a Premium Slider for WordPress. It is a jQuery based slider with a multitude of transitions and options for you to be able to customize it to your needs while not overwhelming you with options you never wanted or needed.
- Ability to use Blog posts as slide content
- Responsive design
- Automatic image resizeing
- Callable using Shortcodes and PHP functions
4. Estro Slider for WordPress
This slider includes a smooth and powerful Ken Burns effect which is completely configurable and compatible with all major browsers (including ie7 to ie9, Firefox Chrome, Opera, Safari) and mobile platforms like iphone / ipad.
Why Estro Slider?
- Ken Burns or Swipe transition modes available
- Supports inline YouTube / Vimeo videos + app redirects on iOS devices (Youtube)
- Slides uses only valid HTML5 markup (SEO optimized)
- Optional lazy loading of images for faster loading
DDSliderWP features EVERYTHING that the jQuery plugin already offered PLUS a custom admin panel, with total management of slides.
- Support to multiple sliders on the same page
- Does not erase slides when deactivated
- Integrated with TinyMCE
6. Flip Book Slider
Flip Book WordPress Plugin is based on XML Flip Book / AS3 one of the three top selling items of all times on ActiveDen . It has been built from scratch. Almost everything you see on the page is easily customizable through the WordPress administration panel – easy installation, no coding skills required.
- Video support (FLV play back)
- Livebox for video playback included.
- The SWF will be sized to fit the page or will be centered on the page.
7. Sugar Slider
Sugar Slider makes it as easy as it could possibly be to create gorgeous sliders for your WordPress powered site. Forget nasty custom fields and image URLs. You can even forget about manually resizing every image before you upload it.
The plugin is created by Pippin Williamson, who has been featured here at WordPress Kube previously, in an Interview.
Why Sugar Slider?
- Create an unlimited number of sliders
- Customize settings for each individual slider
- Insert sliders anywhere in your site, including posts, page, widgets, and more
- Easily edit all sliders through a simple to use admin interface
8. Premium Featured Posts Slider
A simple slider plugin to show off your content the real way.
Why PFS Slider?
- Feature any post, page or custom post type
- Includes 6 predefined layouts
- Customize layouts with 18 variables
- Global and per-post options
9. lilJquery Slider Plugin
liJQuery Image Slider is carefully crafted slider/banner image rotator, full of features, easy to install and customize. Whenever you need a full featured slider image rotator or you need a simple ad banner, liJQuery Image slider will do the job with ease!
Why lilJquery Slider?
- Multiple Sliders on One Page Support of the Banner
- 66 uniqueTransitions and Unlimited Variations
- Ads Support
Full Details & Download
10. Slider PRO
Slider PRO is one of the most powerful slider plugins for WordPress on the market (some buyers have been saying that it’s actually the best).
Why Slider PRO?
- Slider PRO is fully responsive, allowing you to set its size in percentages.
- You can fetch data from posts, pages and custom post types, based on any taxonomy.
- You can automatically load Flickr photos based on Username ID or Set ID
- The slider provides a touch screen enabled Swipe effect that can work horizontally or vertically.
CCSlider WP makes it easy to embed the CCSlider jQuery slideshow plugin in your WordPress theme. CCSlider is an unique slideshow plugin because of the fact that it supports 3d transitions! There are 14 stunning 3d transitions available, and also 16 stylish 2d transitions.
- Option to mention the number of slices for 3d effects.
- Option to mention the animation delay between individual slices.
- Can also mention in which direction the delay will propagate. There are four such directions.
- Option to mention the offset along z-axis and the separation between slices while animating for 3d effects.
12. Accordian Slider Plugin
The plugin comes with a custom admin panel where you can manage and customize all of your slideshows. To use it, you only have to put a shortcode in your page. A simple and functional drag and drop feature to help you change order of images implemented.
Why Accordian Slider?
- WordPress accordion rotator
- Drag and Drop Interface
13. Nivo Slider Widget
Nivo Slider Widget enables webmaster to use the world’s most awesome jQuery slider without doing one line of coding. It encapsulates all of the complicated coding process, all configuration process is done via a simple interface.
Why Nivo Slider?
- No coding required
- All of Nivo Slider’s configurations are available
Do you find content slider plugin useful? Have you tried any of these content slider plugins? Let us know in the comments below.